Access to Ice Hockey Systems (IHS)
Get a jump on the platform and starting to save time building your practice plans and making best use of on-ice time with this 30-minute intro: https://youtu.be/Krq9VAP4Wco
1. On your first login start by setting up your Team Access account to share with your parents and players. When setting it up, remember:
- Email CANNOT be the same as your coaching account, and in fact can just be a “dummy” email or one of your ACs emails. It will not be used for anything.
- USERNAME: You pick: I would encourage you use the same team name as VHL to keep it easy for your players/parents.
- PASSWORD: Get the password from your level director; the confirmation should come to your Coaching Account email address BUT just try this password with your Username after setting up and it should be good to go.
- SHARE: The Team Username and Password with your Players/Parents so they can login to see the content you push their direction.
- DASHBOARD: Video that provides overview of the platform and content feed with new content hitting the platform (blogs, drills, instructional videos, etc.)
- ACCESS: Where you can search for Drills, Practice Plans, Systems, Off-Ice Exercises for ideas and to pull into your personal practice plans.
- ORGANIZE: Where you can see Drills and Plans “Recommended” by program Directors, your saved Practice Plans, and your Uploaded and Saved resources.
- CREATE: Upload pdf/jpg drills and plans. Upload video resources from Youtube. Create your own practice plans drawing on all content (IHS and external sources you upload) and Share or Hide from your team.
- SHARE: See what you are sharing with your Team and make change as necessary.
Access to USA Hockey Practice Planner Guides
These manuals provide practice plans and materials needed for coaches at their respective age group. USA Hockey and its Coaching Education Program provide a vast amount of resources and plans for coaches. Each manual is a small sample of resources that are available and will provide you links to additional information for each section.
Access to COACHTUBE
CoachTube is a community of over 600 coaches dedicated to giving athletes access to online training from the best coaches, organizations, and governing bodies available on-demand, from any device, anywhere.
Access to Goalie drills
These plans will help your beginner, intermediate and advanced goaltenders train at the proper levels to maximize their development.
JOE BERTAGNA GOALTENDING DRILLS
USA Hockey offers the following materials on how to properly teach body-checking.
Checking the Right Way - Manual
Training Video on body checking
Articles of Interest
Teaching Teamwork Skills in Youth Sports
5 Ways to Foster a Positive Team Culture
Making Parents An Asset By Avoiding Parent/Coach Conflict